Weighing place (Thulabharam)
Thulabharam / The balance is seen near the Tirumalaraya mandapam. In sanksrit the balance is called “Tula”. In olden days the kings used to perform “Tulapurushadanam”. The devotees pay money as they wished to offer when their diseases are cured, and are blessed with children. The money equivalent to their weight or to their children’s weight is weighed and submitted to swami. If needs be, the TTD will provide coins. The secret of Thulabhara is not mere submission of the coins. At the time of entry into the temple every devotee will have to judge for himself. The main purpose of temple entry is to maintain equanimity of mind. “Equanimity of mind is the Sun and Substance of all Vedas”, said Annamayya ‘Samabuddhe yandariki sarva vedasaramu’.
Thulabharam Timings at Tirumala
Thulabharam will be available 24/7. There are no time restrictions.
Thulabaram location at Tirumala
- Srivari Thulabharam is on the left side, after entering mahadwaram(Main Entrance of Temple).
- There is no separate entry / Q-line for Thulabaram.
- All the Pilgrims going through darshan Q-lines like Rs.300/- Special entry, free darshan or divya darshan can utilise thulabharam facility after entering main temple and go to Thulabaram Stall on Left side of Main Temple.
- complete family can attend Thulabharam.
- There is no age limit for Thulabharam.
- Once Thulabaram is done people are allowed to join back to darshan Q-line.
Do we need to carry the Items/Coins for Thulabaram?
Not Needed. You can purchase the required Items at the Thulabaram stall itself. TTD will provide all the required material as per the Price Chart Below.
Do we need to book Thulabaram in Advance?
Not Required. Advance booking is not available. Can participate directly.
Thulabaharam Items are coins, sugarcandy, jaggary, sugar, rice.
|1 rupee coins||Rs.202 per 1 kg|
|2 Rupee coins||Rs.332 per 1 kg|
|5 Rupee coins||Rs.555 per 1 kg|
|Sugar||Rs.40 per 1 kg|
|Sugar Candy||Rs.30 per 1 kg|
|Jaggary||Rs.38 per 1 kg|
|Rice||Rs.41 per 1 kg|
Note: This is a Tentative Cost, price might vary from Time to Time. Request you to carry some extra amount.