Kalyanotsavam In Offline Seva Process
Srivari Kalyanotsavam is performed to the Utsava Murti – Lord Sri Malayappa swami (instead of the main deity) and his consorts Sridevi and Bhudevi. A purohit conducts the marriage and an archaka is consecrated to perform other rituals on behalf of the bridegroom. The wedding ceremony is held according to Vaikhanasa Agama rituals and starts with the Panchamurthi Puja.
This is followed by recitation of Vedic mantras and pronouncing the family pedigree of the brides and bridegroom. The idols of the Lord and his brides face each other with a tera (screen) in between them. After the priests perform appropriate homas, the bridegroom and the brides are allowed to see each other at the appropriate auspicious moment as the screen is removed. This is followed by Mangala sutra dharana, Talambralu and then Lord and his consorts are garlanded.
The practice of Kalyana utsavam started in 1536 AD when Tallapakam Tirumala Ayyangar got the idea of celebrating the marriage festival of Lord Malayappa swami and the ceremony was conducted over five days in the Tirumamani mandapam in the main temple premises.
This Seva is not performed on important festivals like Srivari Brahmotsavam, Pavitrotsavam, Pushpayagam etc. and on the days of solar and lunar eclipses. The duration of the seva is about one hour.
What is the Cost of Kalyanotsavam in Offline?
Ticket cost of this seva is Rs. 1000. Any 2 adults and children below 12 years will be allowed per one ticket.
What is Tirumala Kalyanotsavam Timings & Reporting Place?
This Seva will be performed from 10:30AM to 01:30PM. Devotees should gather one hour before the Seva time at Supadham. Ticket Print out (Hard Copy) and photo ID proof in original need to be carried.
How to book Kalyanotsavam in Offline?
- In offline 80 Tickets will be issued per day for general public for the next day.
- It is under Lucky DIP Process.
- To Participate in Kalyanotsavam seva we need to register 1 day before at CRO office, Tirumala. (Today we need to register for participating Tomorrow).
Seva Quota per day Kalyanotsavam 80 Kalyanotsavam (Newly married couple) 20
- Newly married couple has to show the Wedding card, wedding photos, government photo ID proofs, marriage certificate(if available).
- Couple married within a week are only elgible for this quota.
- Kalyanotsavam in Offline DIP Enrollment Time : 11 AM to 5 PM.
- DIP results will be announced at 6 PM.
Also Read How to Book Kalyanotsavam in Online?
[…] the day of Ugadi 22nd March TTD has canceled the Kalyanotsavam, unjalseva and Arjitha […]