Thirumanancheri is the place where it is believed that Parvathi married Shiva. This temple is about 35 KM from Kumbakonam and the name of the temple is Thirumanancheri – Marriage Temple, Sri Kalyanasundarar Temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple Ticket Booking:
Online booking facility is not available. You can purchase the tickets at the devasthanam counter itself upon arrival , its easy to get and no need to worry about ticket availability.
Thirumanancheri Special Poojas:
- Those who wish to have a baby boy will offer Milk Payasam on No Moon Day (Amavasya)
- Thiru Kalyanam will be performed during Chithirai
- Special Abhishekam will be performed on every 1st day of Tamil Month and during Pradosham timings
- Special Abhishekam along with umamaheswara homam will be performed on Sankata hara chathurthi and poosa nakshatra days.
How To Reach Thirumanancheri Temple:
- By Air: Nearest Airport is at Tiruchirapalli which is at a distance of 115 KMs
- By Rail: Mayiladuthurai Junction , or Kumbakonam Junction is near by.
- By Bus: From Chennai , Pondhicherry – Cuddalore – Chidambaram– Mayiladuthurai – Kuttalam- Thirumanancheri. Buses to Thirumanancheri are available from Kuttalam and Mayiladuthurai , Mini Buses are available from Kuttalam.
Thirumanancheri Temple History :
Parvathi Devi performed Tapas in this place to marry Lord Shiva and finally got married in this place and because of this the place is called as “Thiru Manancheri”. Thirumanancheri temple is where the divine marriage of Shiva and Parvati took place, and today, people visit this temple, praying for an early marriage, thanking the lord for their marriage, and praying for children.
There is yet another specialty about this Place. One among the form of Lord Shiva is Arulmighu Dhakshina murthy in Yoga ( in deep tapas) form and to get him out of that tapas, Manmadhan, the god of love threw an arrow of flower on Shiva ; Lord Shiva opened his 3rd eye from the forehead and made Manmadhan into Ash; Rathi devi wife of Manmadhan requested Lord Shiva to get her husband back and got him in this Thirumananchery only.
Yet another special attraction of this temple is the Posture of Shiva in the form of ‘Sri Kalyana Sundarar’ in the beautiful ‘Marriage pose’ along with Ambal. It is said that if we perform special poojas for Gokulambal sametha Sri Kalyana sundar by offering him with the Garland, all the hurdles in our marriage gets cleared and the marriage takes place very quickly.
The Lord Kalyanasundarar stands as bridegroom and blessing the devotees. The Goddess Kokilambal seen the foot steps of the Lord by bowing her head with shyness. We can see such as glorious scenes only at this place. And also the Lord gave ‘Mangalya Pichai’ to the ‘Rathi Devi’ and combined the both ‘Manmathan and Rathi Devi’ in this place.
The ‘married couples’ who were separated from their married life for various reasons may also come and pray the Lord Kalyanasundara for their ‘unity’. This kind of prayer is also conducted in this temple. Have the garland tied inside a small bag and keep it in the pooja room.
Once the marriage is fixed, along with your wife/husband, dedicate the garland towards the temple; and the prardhana is completed in this manner. After the Marriage the Couple have to visit the temple to return or dispose the Prasadam in the Temple pond.
Another specialty of this temple is by offering the milk payasam towards mangala Raghu on every no moon day (amavasai) will gives the’ puthra baghyam ‘.
Thirumanancheri Temple Gallery: